20 July - COVID-19 Update
The State Government has imposed strict new restrictions for South Australia as we enter a lockdown for a seven-day period from 6pm tonight, following community transmissions of the Delta variant of COVID-19.
Those restrictions are:
- South Australia in Level 5, seven-day lockdown
- The only reasons to leave home will be to care for someone, for essential work, to purchase essential goods such as food, exercise with people from the same household (maximum of 90 minutes, once per day) and healthcare — including COVID testing and vaccination
- Schools will be closed from tomorrow (Wednesday 21 July) with a 24-hour transition period in place for teachers to arrange at-home learning
- Elective surgery is on-hold and construction will not be allowed to go ahead
- Masks to be worn in public places
- No community activities
Under the State Government’s guidelines, Bedford can continue to provide essential services and operate in a limited capacity in order to adhere to the Federal Government’s strict COVID requirements and guidelines.
For these reasons, we need to implement the following contingency plans from 6pm tonight (20 July 2021) for the next seven days.
Business as Usual
- Day Options and CAL Services
- All Personnel Training Officers (PTOs), Client Service Representatives (CSRs) and Lottery Staff (may be re-deployed to support other areas of the business)
- Balyana residential facility (essential visitors only on-site)
- Millicent laundry services (not garden maintenance)
- Port Pirie (Nyrstar contract)
- All COVID-19 Helpline team
- Cleaning Staff
- Site Supervisor, Site Manager and one PTO (regional sites only)
Working from Home
The remainder of our office-based Staff, for example:
- Media, Marketing & Communications
- Administrative support
Closed (temporarily stood-down)
- APG, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hospitality, Regional Enterprises BU and Woodville Distribution Centre
For those who need to work, has provided a letter providing proof that you are an Essential Worker. Any Employees or Staff who are temporarily stood-down from work may be re-deployed into other areas of the business. If redeployment is refused by an Employee or Staff member you will be automatically placed on leave without pay. You can choose to apply for annual or long service leave. Bedford is closely monitoring what Government financial assistance is being provided.
More information on how the leave process will be forwarded to staff as soon as possible.
COVID-19 exposure sites, health alerts and contact tracing
SA Health has emphasised the need for all of us to continue with social distancing, maintaining personal hygiene, and most importantly, continuing to QR check-in at any place of business at which you attend.
Information on local and interstate COVID-19 exposure sites, and related testing and quarantine requirements are available on SA Health’s contact tracing page.
Please continue to maintain your awareness around the exposure site locations. All exposure sites are available here).
If you have been to any of the exposure site locations, or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, you are required to:
- immediately quarantine for 14 days
- get tested immediately
- get tested again on day 5 and day 13
- complete a form (via the SA Health website) to notify that you were at an exposure location
- Notify the Bedford COVID-19 helpline on 0429 135 448 | 0429 124 648 | 0413 743 203
This is a critical and uncertain time for all of us, the whole Bedford team are doing everything possible to ensure everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult period. We will keep you updated as new information is available to us.