27 July - COVID-19 Update
There were zero cases overnight in South Australia and just a few hours to go until the Level 5 lockdown is over.
Today was an important first step towards ‘normality’ where some Clients wore masks all day and worked with Staff to package essential items. The mood on the ground was really positive and it was great to see people back safely at Bedford.
Thanks to everyone for your amazing efforts to keep Bedford COVID safe over the past week.
Tomorrow, we will continue the careful transition as all of our commercial operations, such as Manufacturing, Packaging, APG and Hospitality reopen.
In order to reopen safely, we must follow some strict government restrictions over at least the next seven days. The following guidelines must be followed:
- Must be used when arriving at any Bedford site.
- Mask wearing is going to be with us for some time.
- Masks must be worn at all times except:
- If a person with a disability cannot bear wearing a mask
- If the wearing of a mask interferes with essential communication (in this case the mask may be removed only while the communication is taking place)
- When working in a call centre (ie, Lotteries)
- When working in a personal office on your own
- One person is allowed per 4 square metres of floor space. That means not all office Staff will be able to return to work yet, so your manager will make that call
- Observe room limits on new social distancing signs for meeting rooms, workstations, etc
Personal hygiene and general cleanliness
- Follow directions and regularly use sanitiser or wash hands
- Extra cleaning will be undertaken at main sites where a large number of people work
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell for any reason
- Get a COVID test if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19