Makes 15, 60g serves.
- 450g packet rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 red capsicums
- 1 red onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1 bunch coriander
- ½ bunch basil
- ½ bunch mint
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup kecap manis (sweet soy)
- Place noodles into heat-proof bowl. Pour over boiling water until covered.
- Allow noodles to soften for 5 minutes. Drain water and allow to cool.
- Cut carrot and capsicum into thin matchstick-size pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice red onion and spring onions. Add to mixing bowl.
- Pick coriander leaves, mint leaves and basil leaves. Add to bowl. Lightly chop leaves if they are too big.
- Roughly chop peanuts and add half to the mixing bowls, leaving aside the other half for garnish.
- Add cooled rice noodles to the mixing bowl.
- Combine soy sauce and Kecap Manis into a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined and then add to prepared salad ingredients.
- Toss salad until combined. Serve and garnish with remaining peanuts.