Cooking: 12-15 minutes
- 1/2 (12cm) ciabatta bread loaf, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 rashers 97% fat-free bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 large cos lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 1 hard-boiled egg, roughly chopped
- 40g parmesan cheese, shaved
- Optional: 300g chicken breast coated with herbs of choice
- 1/2 cup light whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Select all ingredients
Step 1: Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place bread on tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Step 2: Make Caesar dressing: Process mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic and lemon juice until smooth. Season with pepper.
Step 3: Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. If using chicken, cook until lightly brown and tender.
Step 4: Place lettuce in a large serving bowl. Add croutons, bacon, egg, chicken and cheese. Toss to combine. Serve drizzled with dressing.