- 10 capsicums (red, green, or yellow)
- 1kg minced beef
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 400g tin peeled tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled fetta
- 1 tbs salt
- 3 pinches pepper
- 1 tbs dried Italian herbs
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (plus extra to drizzle)
- Cook rice. Place rice into a sauce pan. Cover with 4 cups of water and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until cooked. Cool under running water and drain.
- Meanwhile cut off tops of capsicums, about 1cm thick and reserve top to use as a lid. Scoop out seeds and membranes. Arrange capsicums in baking tray standing them upright. To help capsicums stand upright, very lightly scrunch aluminum foil, place on tray, then place capsicums on top.
- Preheat oven 190 C.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add minced beef and cook until browned. Add soy sauce, peeled tomatoes and Italian herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add beef mixture to drained rice. Stir until combined, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Spoon beef-rice mixture into capsicums. Sprinkle fetta on top. Place the tops of the capsicums back on. Fix with a skewer if required.
- Drizzle olive oil over stuffed capsicums. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until capsicums are cooked and filling is heated through.
- Serve with a salad of cherry tomatoes, rocket and red onion.
Lasts 5 days in the fridge.