Makes 2 bases
- 300 pizza four
- 180g water
- 4g dry yeast
- 30ml olive oil
- ½ tps salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- Toppings of choice
- Combine flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Fill a jug of warm water, making sure it is 32C.
- Measure correct amount of warm water and add dry yeast and mix until combined
- Add ¾ of water and yeast mixture to flour mix and stir until combined. Add remaining water if required.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Place olive oil in a bowl.
- Place the dough into the prepared bowl. Cover with cling film and place somewhere warm to allow the dough to proof (rise) until doubled in size.
- When dough is double in size, cut into 250g portions and roll into a ball. Then allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- With a rolling pin and a bit of flour to dust, roll dough into a 9 inch round pizza base.
- Top with toppings.
- Bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until golden.