“My cookbook was filled with tasty potato recipes. I’ve loved potatoes ever since I was little!”
Coming into his 16th year of working at Bedford, Matthew continues to refine his cooking skills and invents new recipes all the time. He’s particularly well-known at Panorama and Balyana for his delicious handmade sausage rolls.
“Each week I help with making the sandwiches, biscuits and my famous sausage rolls.
Matthew says cooking is not only a way to save money on eating out, it’s a chance to be healthy and creative in the kitchen.
“I like being able to set a goal for myself to make what I’m cooking perfect. It’s also a good feeling to see people enjoy my food.”
The skills that Bedford hospitality team members develop are invaluable. If you would like to join the team contact us at 8275 0211 today.
Matthew’s Baked Potato with Bolognese (makes 4)
- 4 potatoes
- 500g mince
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes (425g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 onion diced
For topping (the choice is yours!)
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place potato in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until skewer pierces through nicely.
- Cut each potato in a cross shape. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Wrap potato in foil and prick holes.
- While potatoes are cooking heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and cook until golden brown. Then add capsicum and fry for 3 minutes. Add mince, herbs, salt and pepper to taste and stir for a further 8 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low, cover the saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove potatoes from foil. Place potatoes on plate and top with Bolognese, cheese and sour cream.
- Serve with a coleslaw or salad of your choice.