Personnel and Training Officer (PTO) - Kadina
- Access to salary packaging
- Full time, permanent role, working Monday to Friday
- Laptop provided
- Kadina based
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients’ lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role
This permanent, full-time role is located at Bedford’s Kadina site, and provides integral encouragement to our supported employees. The focus of this role is to implement a person-centred approach, ensuring our supported employees are always at the centre of and involved in decision making relevant to them, helping them to achieve their workplace goals.
- use a case-management approach to assist supported employees
- listen to the thoughts, goals, concerns, and aspirations of our supported employees
- assist in the navigation of day-to-day challenges, including incident management, behaviours of concern, and advocacy
- support people with disability with a person-centred approach
- complete accurate and detailed documentation
As an experienced worker within the disability sector, you will have worked closely with people with disability and have a developed knowledge of the NDIS and a person-centred approach.
Other knowledge, skills and attributes include:
- a qualification in Disability, Mental Health, Developmental Education, or Psychology
- a solid understanding of the NDIS
- previous experience working in the disability sector
- strong and effective communication skills
For this role the following documents must be provided prior to a formal offer of employment with Bedford Phoenix Incorporated:
- an acceptable clearance to work in the disability sector (DHS / DCSI / NDIS)
- a National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- photo ID
- evidence of right to work in Australia
- evidence of FULL vaccination with a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine or an acceptable exemption*
What’s in it for you?
- Access to generous salary packaging, up to $15,900 tax free p/a
- Being part of a supportive and collaborative team focused on continuous improvement
- Staff rewards and recognition through the Bedford Rock Stars program
- See how Bedford changes the lives of people with disability
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Debby Chung, Recruitment Advisor on 08 8116 2148 for a confidential discussion.
This position is within the disability sector and is subject to the relevant Emergency Management Directions. This currently requires proof of full COVID vaccination (two doses plus a booster) with a TGA-approved vaccine or evidence of an acceptable exemption from SA Health prior to being appointed to this role. Please visit legislation.sa.gov.au/legislation/CV19 for further information.
Bedford values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from First Nations, people with disability and people of all gender identities.