Industrial Relations Advisor
- Hybrid working - 18-month fixed term
- On-the-job skill development
- Internal transfer and secondment opportunities
- Respectful and supportive culture in a growing organisation
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients’ lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role
This newly-created, 18-month fixed term position reports to the Senior IR Business Partner and works within a dedicated team of HR professionals at our Panorama site. This role provides a balance of support and advice across all IR / ER functions and will be essential in the negotiation and implementation of enterprise agreements and other key projects.
- providing support to enterprise agreement negotiation, including minute taking
- ensuring roles are classified correctly
- analysing data to ensure compliance with industrial instruments
- drafting and reviewing position descriptions
- collaboration with HR Business Partners and other internal stakeholders
- reviewing and updating policies, processes, and procedures
This role requires an experienced HR professional with previous exposure to IR / ER projects, possessing analytical and critical thinking skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a hands-on role that would suit an individual with a positive, can-do attitude.
Other skills and qualifications include:
- relevant qualification in Human Resources, Industrial Relations / Employee Relations, or Law
- experience or understanding of the enterprise bargaining process
- knowledge of correct application of industrial instruments
- experience or exposure to union relationship management
For this role the following documents must be provided prior to a formal offer of employment with Bedford Phoenix Incorporated:
- an acceptable clearance to work in the disability sector (DHS / DCSI / NDIS)
- a National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- evidence of right to work in Australia
- evidence of full vaccination with a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine or an acceptable exemption*
- photo ID
What’s in it for you?
- Access to generous PBI salary packaging
- Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
- Opportunities for on-the-job skill development and career progression
- Team activities such as morning teas and lunches
- Onsite cafe
- Being part of a growing organisation with an established history
- Seeing first-hand how Bedford changes the lives of people with disability
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Ellisha Tonkin, Recruitment Advisor on 08 8275 0204. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
This position is within the disability sector and is subject to the relevant Emergency Management Directions. This currently requires proof of full COVID vaccination (two doses plus a booster) with a TGA-approved vaccine or evidence of an acceptable exemption from SA Health prior to being appointed to this role. Please visit legislation.sa.gov.au/legislation/CV19 for further information.
Bedford values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from First Nations, people with disability and people of all gender identities.