Disability Client Services Representative
- Multiple full-time roles available - 2x permanent, 1x 12-month fixed term
- Based in Panorama with a requirement to travel to different sites
- Part of a team contributing to the transformation of client services
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients’ lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role
Due to the growth and development of the Client Engagement team, two permanent roles and one 12-month parental leave cover have become available. These roles are being offered on a full-time basis and will be based at our Panorama site, but will require regular travel to other metropolitan sites. They involve taking on a caseload of Bedford clients and building relationships of trust to truly understand each of their individual goals and promote choice and control.
Other responsibilities include:
- regular contact with clients, their families, and advocates
- liaising with LAC’s, the NDIA, and support coordinators
- promoting and matching Bedford services to best achieve individual goals
- interpreting, understanding, and researching information relating to the NDIS
- completing service agreements and associated documentation
Previous experience working with people with disability is essential, along with an ability to thrive in an environment involving constant change and continuous improvement. You will be curious, with a desire to learn and become a subject matter expert. Previous experience and knowledge of the NDIA and NDIS will be highly regarded.
Other skills and qualifications include:
- disability qualification, or relevant work experience
- experience working with people with disability
- current driver’s licence
- strong written and verbal skills
- an ability to adapt to change and new learnings
For this role the following documents must be provided prior to a formal offer of employment with Bedford Phoenix Incorporated:
- a National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- driver’s licence
- NDIS worker screening clearance, or other NDIS approved clearance to work in the disability sector
- evidence of right to work in Australia
- evidence of FULL vaccination with a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine or an acceptable exemption*
What’s in it for you?
- A small team that values collaboration and fun
- Opportunity to develop and learn
- Onsite parking
- Onsite cafe and barista
- Seeing first-hand how Bedford changes the lives of people with disability
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Phill Ashby, Team Manager Client Engagement on 0468 571 702. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
This position is within the disability sector and is subject to the relevant Emergency Management Directions. This currently requires proof of full COVID vaccination (two doses plus a booster) with a TGA-approved vaccine or evidence of an acceptable exemption from SA Health prior to being appointed to this role. Please visit legislation.sa.gov.au/legislation/CV19 for further information.
Bedford values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from First Nations, people with disability and people of all gender identities.