Disability Support Worker
- Bedford Learning and Experiences Hub located in Mount Gambier
- Casual roles available Monday to Saturday 9.00am – 3.00pm
- Respected, and well-known organisation
- Inclusive and collaborative environment
Bedford exists to support people with disability to live the life they choose through a diverse range of skill-building opportunities, from social activities, experiences, supported employment and open employment. Underpinning this is the belief that diversity, inclusion and acceptance equals belonging for people of all abilities.
People with disability who live, work, and receive care from Bedford need to do more than just get by, they should be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow and live meaningful, confident lives.
About the Role
Mount Gambier Learning and Experiences hub have casual roles available with shifts offered Monday to Saturday from 9.00am to 3.00pm. This role engages clients in a variety of activities such as community participation, music, IT, and photography. It also involves teaching science, reading, and writing within the new learning hub. The focus of the role is on empowering people with disability to achieve their goals and develop new skills within a supportive, positive, and fun environment.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide 1:1 or 1:3 support
- Support clients to achieve their NDIS goals
- Complete progress and incident reports
- Work with clients to promote individual choice and control
- Provide transport to clients as required
- Maintain a duty of care for clients, other staff, and yourself
As an experienced and qualified support worker with knowledge of the NDIS Practice Standards, Code of Conduct and Quality and Safeguarding Framework, you will have a person-centred approach, and a genuine passion for working with people with disability to help them achieve their goals and build new skills. You will be enthusiastic and energetic in your approach and as a bonus, may have the opportunity to share one of your own hobbies, skills, or passions with the clients, contributing to the success of our growing Day Options program.
Other knowledge, skills and attributes include:
- Minimum Cert III in Disability (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Strong written and verbal skills
- A positive focus to ‘do with and not for’ to empower our clients
What’s in it for you?
- Reduce the amount of tax you pay each year with access to generous PBI salary packaging which can be used towards paying rent, mortgage, utilities, loan repayments, childcare, novated leases and more
- Casual day shifts available supporting a healthy work / life balance
- Encouraging and supportive team environment
- Use of a Bedford pool vehicle to transport clients
- Work for a well-respected, and established disability organisation
- Access to Bedford’s generous rewards and recognition program
- Gain a real sense of purpose as you see clients reach their potential and watch their independence grow
- Experience the rewarding feeling of being a part of our clients’ journey and seeing the joy it brings
Applications close 4th December 2023. Apply Here
At Bedford, we believe in fostering a diverse, accepting, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, as well as from First Nations people and those with disabilities. If you require any adjustments to support your application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to contact Bedford Recruitment at 08 8275 0211 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're committed to fostering a welcoming and supportive environment for all candidates, and we look forward to hearing from you.