Accounts Payable/Receivable Officer
An opportunity for an Accounts Payable/Receivable Officer has arisen to join our Finance team.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this is a dual role working between the Accounts Payable and Receivable teams and is responsible for the regular, timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) duties across a number of areas.
- Responsible for processing all invoices, credit notes etc., into the creditors sub ledger and monitoring same.
- Reconciliation of computer printed Remittance Advices with suppliers’ Statements and Invoices.
- Preparation of cheques, EFT and Remittance Advices to be signed and posted; processing payment and cheque runs.
- Ensure creditors payment “Terms and Conditions” are met in consultation with Financial Controller.
- Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders through the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
- Liaise with all key stakeholders to resolve discrepancies.
- Processing regional and off-site expense/petty cash reimbursements.
- Ensure all month end accruals are completed accurately.
- Processing credit applications and new account set ups.
- Provide effective customer service and support in response to internal and external enquires.
- Ensure statutory payments are made promptly (Group Tax, WorkCover, Sales Tax etc.).
- Follow compliance within Bedford’s policies and procedures including the code of conduct and Equal Employment Opportunities
- Acquire and maintain work health and safety knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand Bedford’s operations and associated hazards and risks
- Other duties as per the direction of the Accounts Payable/Receivable Manager, Financial Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
Essential requirements of this role:
- Minimum five to ten years’ experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable/Receivable role
- High level of computer literacy (specifically Microsoft Excel)
- Strong financial system and process understanding
- Experience using accounts payable systems – Microsoft Dynamics NAV (highly regarded)
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent teamworking skills with the ability to work autonomously
- A passion to deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Membership of relevant professional body/agency (desirable)
What is in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration including salary packaging and additional benefits
- A sense of value and purpose whilst significantly impacting the lives of the people we support
- A supportive, highly skilled and collaborative team environment
- Flexibility including work life balance
- On-site car parking and café facilities
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Rahul Sharda, Financial Controller, on 8275 0241. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Applications closes on 17th May 2021.