Enjoy the challenges and rewards of supervising a team of supported employees while overseeing all aspects of kitchen operations at our Torrensville site.
- Full time, permanent
- Lead and encourage a supportive, team environment
- Provide mentorship and training
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients’ lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role:
This full time, permanent role is located at our Torrensville site and is responsible for all aspects of kitchen operations including ordering, event planning, menu development and costing. This role has a number of direct reports including supported employees and is responsible for performance management and development within the team.
- Organise and lead toolbox meetings
- Provide ongoing training to direct reports
- Maintain knowledge and manage compliance of WHS and HACCP fundamentals
- Encourage teamwork
- Ordering, menu development, event planning and costing
You will have multifaceted knowledge of the disability and hospitality sectors and NDIS and have an affinity for supporting people with disability in realising and achieving their goals in a productive work setting. You will be patient, have a person-centred approach and a positive attitude.
Essential skills and qualities include
- Current driver’s licence
- Competency in MS Office products
- Understanding principles of HACCP as well as relevant food safety acts and standards
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery or Kitchen/Catering Operations (desired)
- Cert III or higher in Disability or relevant qualification (desired)
What’s in it for you?
- See and contribute to how Bedford changes the lives of people with disability
- Staff recognition through the Bedford Rockstars program
- Generous salary packaging, claim up to $15,900 tax free p/a
- Finish at 2.00pm on Fridays
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Soren Gemo, Operations Manager- Hospitality on 0434 185 844. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Applications close Wednesday 20th October 2021