Bedford Group, Residential Services is seeking an innovative Chef Manager to manage our small residential services kitchen. An exciting opportunity to manage the service as your own business. Located at our Balyana site at Clapham, this permanent part time opportunity is responsible for the planning, management and development of all kitchen operations. The Chef Manager role offers a unique opportunity to work Monday to Thursday, 12pm to 6pm. Above award wages and access to salary packaging to increase your take home pay.
Key responsibilities include;
- Menu development and costing
- Supervision of kitchen staff
- Ensuring kitchen standards are in line with HACCP, Food Act 2001 (SA) and Food Industry Standards
- Attending and participating in management meetings
- Determining labour requirements
- Engaging in health and safety reviews and audits
- Maintaining work health and safety knowledge
- Championing the delivery of the NDIS Code of Conduct, as well as the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Certificate III (or similar) in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety Certification
- Current driver’s license.
- National Police Clearance – no older than 6 months
- Relevant clearance to work in the disability sector (DCSI, DHS or NDIS)
- Strong communication; both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive cooking, food preparation / presentation and site management
- Understanding of HACCP, Food Act 2001 (SA), Food Industry Standards
- First Aid certification (highly regarded)
- Knowledge and understanding of the following standards (highly regarded):
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Code of Conduct
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Andrea Hall, Residential Services Manager on 08 8374 3074. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Applications close Monday 12th July 2021.