About the Role:
This newly created permanent position located at our Torrensville site is focused on supporting the growth of the Community Access and Lifestyle program at Bedford. The Developmental Educator is responsible for the ongoing development, support, expansion, and delivery of the program while also providing leadership and mentorship to a small and dedicated team of 4.
- Championing the delivery of NDIS Practice Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct, as well as the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Supporting clients to achieve their goals and understanding their needs
- Providing coaching, support and advice to the Community Access and Lifestyle team
- Identifying emerging services
- Utilising person-centred, strengths-based approaches to enhance the lives of people living with disability
- Completing external reporting
- Supporting the development and upskilling of staff
- Developing and contributing to new and existing programs
- Developing community connections and networks
- Providing reporting metrics to the General Manager and Executive team
- Contributing to workforce planning and recruitment
- Travel to other Bedford locations including the regions when required
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with previous experience in a leadership position. You will have worked in the Disability sector and have knowledge of the complex support issues experienced by people living with disability, and experience in program and service development. As this is a newly created position you will also be able to work in ambiguity, demonstrate resilience, and the capacity to implement change and identify opportunities for innovation.
You will also have;
- Industry experience
- A Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education degree
- Eligibility to be a member of the DEAI (Developmental Educators Australia Incorporated)
- Intermediate level competency using the Microsoft Suite
- Senior first aid certification
- Knowledge and understanding of the following standards:
- National Standards for Disability Services
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Practice Standards
- NDIS Code of Conduct
- Knowledge and understanding of the human lifespan and development as well as physical, cognitive, and social growth issues related to people living with disability
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a passionate and client-centric team
- Seeing the real change you make every day on the faces of the clients Bedford supports
- Being part of a team and program that is growing
- Access to EAP
- A competitive salary with access to generous salary packaging
- Opportunities to grow and develop your own career though Bedford’s Professional Development Program
- Foodie Fridays with the Community Access and Lifestyle team
- It’s fun!
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity with the Bedford please contact Stefanie Veitch, General Manager – Community Access & Lifestyle and Day Options on 0468 570 820. All enquiries will be treated in confidence.
For a copy of the Position Description please go to the careers page of our website at https://bedfordgroup.com.au/ca...
Applications close Tuesday 7th September 2021.