Developmental Educator - Client Program Support
Reporting to the Manager, Residential Services, this role is critical in supporting the delivery of a program to meet residents’ goals and enables their well-being, whilst ensuring the services are viable and designed and delivered effectively, efficiently and sustainably.
The Developmental Educator will provide expert advice and guidance to support the development and delivery of the program and also to develop and implement Client and Person Centred practices into Bedford.
- Develop and implement Client and Person Centred practices into Bedford focusing on Residential Services’ “whole of life” needs.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the Residential Services Leadership team regarding the development and delivery of support to meet Supported Independent Living (SIL) service agreements.
- The development of suitable and appropriate content for services, activities and supports to be delivered as part of Residential Services.
- Developing staff skills in the delivery of a person-centred approach, as well as ensuring compliance within the NDIS Practice Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct, in addition to the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives as they access and maintain meaningful “whole of life" experiences.
- Support clients to achieve their SIL / NDIS goals and support them to develop attainable stretch goals.
- Develop processes to collect statistical data for broader reporting.
- Develop individual SIL Roster of Care Submission Template’s to support SIL submissions.
- Prepare developmental resources required for intervention and training programs.
- Plan and implement strategies to contribute to the achievement of continuous improvement within Residential Services.
Key Challenges in this role will include:
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of our clients ensuring quality support is delivered whilst ensuring commercial requirements are met.
- Remaining up to date and informed regarding government policy and legislation relating to the NDIS.
This role will suit an individual with a natural affinity for the people with disability whom Bedford support. You will have the ability to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education or equivalent degree.
- Experience in program and services development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex support issues for people living with disability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication style to specific needs of individuals or groups - high level of emotional intelligence.
- Highly developed coaching and mentoring skills.
- Previous industry experience working in organisations who support people with a disability.
- Must possess a current National Police Clearance, DCSI (Disability) and driving licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following standards:
- National Standards for Disability Services
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Practice Standards
- NDIS Code of Conduct
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Andrea Hall, Client Services Manager and NDIS Partner on 8374 3074. All enquires will be treated with confidence.