Disability Support Worker - Port Lincoln
Join a small, collaborative, and supportive team of 10 to provide support to clients participating in our Day Options and Community Access & Lifestyle programs in Port Lincoln.
- The flexibility of a casual position
- A supportive team with on the job training and development
- A competitive hourly rate with generous salary sacrificing benefits
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
This rewarding, casual position provides support to clients participating in the Bedford Day Options and Community Access and Lifestyle programs in Port Lincoln. As a part of this team you will be responsible for supporting our clients 1:1, 1:3 or 1:5 to achieve their goals, encouraging them to dream, helping them make the most of everyday.
- Hands on training and skills identification
- Providing physical and emotional support and encouragement
- Supporting clients to achieve their individual program plans
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external policies and standards
- Completing detailed reports and case notes using a computer or personal device
- Encouraging maximum independence and self determination
- Championing the delivery of the NDIS Practice Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct, as well as the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Minimum Cert III in Individual Support – Disability or equivalent
- Disability sector clearance (DHS, DCSI or NDIS)
- National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Australian driver’s licence
- COVID vaccination
What’s in it for you?
- The reward of seeing how Bedford changes the lives of people we support
- Access to EAP
- Generous salary sacrificing
- On the job training and development
Applications close Wednesday 24th November 2021.