Disability Support Worker - Wallaroo
An opportunity to work with a highly regarded NDIS registered provider in a rewarding role and industry.
- The flexibility of a casual position
- A supportive team with opportunities to progress
- A competitive hourly rate with the option to salary sacrifice
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
This rewarding, casual position is located in Wallaroo and is part of the Bedford Day Options team. As a part of this team you will be responsible for supporting our Clients to achieve their goals, encouraging them to dream, think outside the box and live their best life.
- Hands on training and skills identification
- Providing physical and emotional support and encouragement
- Supporting Day Options members to achieve their individual program plans
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external policies and standards
- Completing detailed reports and case notes using a computer or personal device
- Encouraging maximum independence and self determination
- Championing the delivery of the NDIS Practice Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct, as well as the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Minimum Cert III in Individual Support – Disability or equivalent
- Disability sector clearance (DHS, DCSI or NDIS)
- National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Australian driver’s licence
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Simone Tilbury, Manager – Wallaroo Day Options, on 08 8823 3788. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Applications close 11th August 2021.