Disability Support Workers - Residential
These roles are responsible for the provision of direct and indirect care services for people with disabilities residing at Balyana. The roles will support Clients with their whole of life needs and to meet their individual SIL and NDIS goals.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is provided in a proactive, effective and efficient manner, with a client centric approach.
- Promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives as they access and maintain meaningful whole of life experiences.
- Responsible for monitoring customers’ safety and well-being, following required policy and reporting issues of significance or concerns to Management.
- Assist to facilitate effective and positive communication between management, clients, families, key stakeholders and staff using a collaborative approach.
- Complete administration and documentation to a high standard in compliance with NDIS Practice Standards
- Responsible for following the appropriate reporting processes within the required timeframes for staff and customer incidents and maintenance requests.
- To follow specialist / allied health recommendations and comply with relevant Positive Behaviour Support Plans.
- Responsible for ensuring relevant DSW tasks are followed, actioned and documented, including accurate written handover at the end of each shift.
- Administer medication as per policy and training; reporting issues of concerns to the Management Team.
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent.
- Experience in the Disability sector / accommodation is highly desirable.
- Sound understanding of Duty of Care, privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and organisational skills with the ability to develop rapport and maintain strong working relationships.
- An ethical, outcomes and results driven individual, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision or autonomously within policy guidelines and training.\
To apply for this role, you will need to provide a cover letter outlining what you can bring into this role as well as a current and up to date Resume.