The Events Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and management of the Bedford Events Management Plan, working in the Marketing & Communication team to deliver and support events across all Bedford sites.
This will involve event planning, on the day organisation, promotion, delivery and evaluation of Bedford events. The role is responsible for developing and maintaining effective, collaborative and strategic working relationships across the organisation with customers and other stakeholders.
- Event project and operational plans including budgets, schedules, resource requirements and stakeholder consultation.
- Development of event management plans, event briefs and briefing notes for the Marketing & Communications department.
- Identify and manage operational support and logistical requirements.
- Undertake event planning and preparation which includes the sourcing of suppliers, responding to event enquiries, preparing name badges, organising signage and drafting running sheets.
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and productive working relationships.
- Undertake a range of support tasks to monitor and report on the effective delivery of events.
- Provide on-site support including setup and pack down, audio visual and the distribution of materials.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking successful event or marketing activities and/or relevant qualifications.
- A positive and empathic attitude towards people with a disability.
- Knowledge of event and marketing planning and delivery processes and techniques to achieve required objectives within scope and budget.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills especially a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office package and a basic understanding of database principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and sound presentation skills.
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving, solutions focussed.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and work efficiently to competing deadlines and takes initiative.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team.
- Friendly and flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude with a good sense of humour.
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Doris Gambiraza, Marketing Manager, Brand and Product, on 8152 2452. All enquires will be treated with confidence.