The Grants Officer will provide proactive and customer service-oriented support to Bedford, with a primary focus on the identification of available grants, funding opportunities, philanthropic trusts, sponsorships and other sources of funds that align directly with Bedford’s strategic objectives.
You will work in collaboration with Bedford’s key stakeholders to identify projects that maybe eligible for funding, seeking to undertake all necessary administration, negotiation, contract and relationship management to ensure Bedford maximises its opportunities to successfully realise such funding opportunities.
- Develop a Grant strategy that seeks to identify and evaluate potential funding opportunities that are aligned to appropriate projects, that support the achievement of Bedford strategic objectives.
- Undertake appropriate research and due diligence, including the development of financial analysis and costing methodologies, to support grant applications.
- Coordinate stakeholders to provide appropriate advice and input to support grant applications.
- Develop high quality grant and funding submissions, including grant proposals and supporting documentation (including project budgets and costing methodologies).
- Manage the administration requirements associated with all successful grant and funding submissions.
- Develop procurement strategies that supports the achievement of value for money outcomes for Bedford as well as stakeholder requirements, incorporating overall market approach, proposed contract type, scope and length.
- Undertake procurement processes that support the achievement of Bedford’s strategic objectives, including preparing acquisition plans, undertaking market approaches, evaluation and recommendations.
- Provide procurement advice, support and guidance to Bedford’s stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful grant research and submissions, including grant proposals and supporting documentation including project budgets, conducting research, analysis, reporting and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification, development and implementation of procurement strategies including approvals documentation and market approach documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking negotiation of grant agreements and commercial contracts.
- High level oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including being an effective listener and negotiator, being able to ask clear questions about issues and requirements, and experience in writing quality reports and recommendations for complex and sensitive issues.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, and high-level computer literacy with accurate data entry and manipulation of database outputs.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to identify mutually beneficial opportunities and outcomes.
- Proven ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Be an ethical, outcomes and results driven individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude with a good sense of humour
- Must possess a current National Police Clearance Certificate.
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Stephen Fawcett (Strategic Procurement Manager) on (08) 8275 0211. All enquiries will be treated with confidence.