Horticultural Supervisor - Lonsdale
The APG Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and motivation of a small team which includes supported employees. This unique and rewarding role ensures the planning and execution of Horticultural programs and works, maintenance, mulching and site improvements in accordance with contract and budget requirements while offering an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with disability.
- Maintain turf and vegetation in line with customer contract requirements.
- Chemical application to correct and safe standards.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in a safe workable condition.
- Complete reporting on employee Individual Training Plans as required.
- Responsible for performing maintenance on horticultural tools and equipment.
- Monitor the control of stock levels.
- Complete departmental reporting as requested.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as requested.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are used as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure resources and processes are available to minimise health and safety risks.
- Acquire and maintain work health and safety knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand all operations and associated hazards and risks.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum Cert III in Horticulture.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Experience with basic irrigation repairs.
- Training and/ or supervisory experience.
- Experience in horticulture/ grounds maintenance
- A chainsaw ticket and work zone traffic training management (desirable).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Current Driver’s License.
- National Police Clearance.
- Disability sector clearance (DCSI, DHS or NDIS).
Applications close 20th July 2021.