Bedford Group, Residential Services are recruiting an exceptional kitchen hand with a proven record of experience to assist our Chef Manager in the operation of our small residential services kitchen. Located at our Balyana site at Clapham, this four-month, part time fixed term opportunity is be responsible for assisting kitchen operations including meal preparation, food storage and general kitchen duties. The kitchen hand role offers a unique opportunity to work Monday to Thursday, 3pm-7pm.
Key responsibilities include;
- Assisting in the preparation and serving of meals
- Cleaning of all kitchen areas
- Ensuring safe handling, cleaning and usage of kitchen equipment
- Assisting the Chef Manager in ensuring kitchen standards are in line with HACCP, Food Act 2001 (SA) and Food Industry Standards
- Attending and participating in staff meetings
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Maintaining and complying with work health and safety standards, and policy and procedure
- Championing the delivery of the NDIS Code of Conduct, as well as the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Current food handling certificate
- National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Current driver’s license.
- Relevant clearance to work in the disability sector (DCSI, DHS or NDIS)
- Strong communication; both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of HACCP, Food Act 2001 (SA), Food Industry Standards
- First Aid certification (highly regarded)
- Knowledge and understanding of the following standards (highly regarded):
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Code of Conduct
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Andrea Hall, Residential Services Manager on 08 8374 3074. All enquires will be treated in confidence.