Landscape/ Civil Works Machine Operator
Working in a small team to deliver commercial landscape projects in the Southern suburbs and Hills district.
- Small collaborative team
- Stable full time, permanent role
- Added value of generous salary packaging
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives. Adelaide Property and Gardens (APG) has been providing extensive landscaping and horticulture services for over 30 years. APG offers varied and flexible services with a proven track record of outstanding service delivery. This division of Bedford provides meaningful work and life skills to over 140 people with disability.
This full time, permanent role is part of the APG landscape construction team and works across the Southern suburbs and Hills district. The role reports to the Southern Operations Manager and plays a key role in the installation and completion of commercial landscape projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Landscape construction, earthworks, and excavation
- Operation, set up and fault finding of civil works machinery
- Preventative maintenance on tools and equipment
- Guidance, assistance, and training of supported employees when required
- WHS reporting according to Bedford policies
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A qualification in Horticulture/Landscaping is desirable
- Current MR Driver’s licence
- Excavator and Skid Steer licence
- White Card
- First Aid certificate
What’s in it for you?
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Generous salary packaging, ability to claim up to $15,900 tax free each year
- Bedford Employee Recognition Program
- Stable full time, permanent employment
Applications close 28th October 2021.
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Glenn Van Lieshout, Southern Operations Manager- Landscape Construction on 0421 589 420. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
To apply for this role, you will need to provide a CV and cover letter outlining what you can bring to this role.
Please note – the successful applicant will be required to provide a current national police clearance, a relevant clearance to work with people with disability. The offer of employment will be subject to these clearances and legal rights to work in Australia.
Bedford is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from First Nations, people with disability and people of all genders.