A rewarding role providing coordination, supervision, and training to supported employees and staff working in the Laundry team at our Millicent site.
- Permanent, part time
- Develop leadership skills
- Generous salary packaging
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our customer’s lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role:
This permanent part time role reports to the Senior Laundry Supervisor at the Millicent site and is responsible for the coordination of laundry production service, production quality and the supervision and training of staff and supported employees.
- Oversee and monitor production output and quality
- Assist in laundry output
- Complete daily housekeeping inspections
- Monitor compliance of WHS guidelines and policies
- Maintain stock levels and ordering as necessary
You will be friendly and hardworking, with previous experience working with people with disability, or in aged care. You will have excellent communication skills and a positive and supportive attitude.
Other skills and qualifications include
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Driver’s Licence
- Clearance to work in the Disability sector
- Previous experience providing training and supervision
- Knowledge of WHS regulations and standards
- Understanding of NDIS standards and framework
What’s in it for you?
- Stability of a permanent position
- Generous salary packaging, claim up to $15,900 p/a tax free
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- See and experience how Bedford changes the lives of people with disability
- Recognition through the Bedford Rockstars program
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity with Bedford please contact Jennifer Pappin, Senior Laundry Supervisor on 08 8733 2966. All enquiries will be treated in confidence.
Applications close: Wednesday 27th October 2021.