Landscape Machine Operator
- Full time, permanent | Monday to Friday, no weekend work
- Great team environment | Based out Mt. Barker area
- Job security | Career growth | Pipeline of exciting commercial projects
About GreenInc – a Bedford-backed social enterprise
We all want to be part of something bigger. It’s in our nature. It’s why at GreenInc we’re moving the earth to make a difference and removing barriers to employment for people with disability. Our large-scale landscape construction projects are creating new environments, sewing seeds and repurposing resources to pave the way for a brighter future for our workforce, the community and the environment.
Not only are we changing the landscapes across SA, we’re changing the landscape of employment opportunities. GreenInc is an inclusive environment - a place to work together, enjoy group success and build confidence and skills to deliver quality landscape construction and horticultural services.
GreenInc has grown out of APG (Adelaide Property and Gardens) which remains an integral supported employment offering at Bedford, with a focus on garden maintenance.
Backed by Bedford, GreenInc is one of three social enterprises that offers career pathways and a diverse range of open employment jobs and the opportunity to earn a full award wage. This significant investment and positive change will offer unprecedented choice for people with disability and continue to build on Bedford’s proud 75+ year history of inclusive employment.
How this role contributes to GreenInc’s future vision
GreenInc is a Bedford-owned social enterprise with annual turnover over 11 million, employing 50 team members at three locations – Totness, Edinburgh North and Panorama, allowing it to service large-scale projects across the metropolitan area.
This full time, permanent landscape machine operator role is based out of our Mt. Barker areas and works with a tight-knit, and high performing team. Reporting to the Landscape Project Manager, you will be responsible for all stages of construction of landscape projects. Complying with the current WHS legislation, you will also ensure each project is completed on budget and within scope.
- Operate Excavators and other landscaping heavy equipment safely and appropriately
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and report any faulty or repair required
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the equipment
- Operate other heavy equipment and complete landscaping duties as required
- Maintaining a safe and positive workplace and ensure compliance with WHS legislation
How you contribute to GreenInc’s future vision
You have extensive landscaping experience and enjoy a hands-on physical role. You thrive in a team environment, where you can build your skills and feel the pride of working together to see a project completed. You are passionate in this industry and constantly seeking growth, development, and career progress in the field.
Essential skills and qualities include:
- Extensive landscaping experience
- White card, MR and Excavator licence are required
- Skid Steer licence is highly desirable
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Qualification in Landscape or Civil Construction is desirable
- Awareness of relevant WHS and Environmental legislation and Quality principles
For this role the following documents must be provided prior to a formal offer of employment with GreenInc.
- A National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- MR Driver’s licence
- Excavator licence
- Evidence of right to work in Australia
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing training and career growth opportunities
- Access to generous salary packaging, up to $15,900 tax free p/a
- Job security through exciting projects and a solid pipeline of work
- Be part of the team that changes life of people with disability
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity please contact Simon Daly, Project Manager on 0481 903 336 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on 12th March 2024.
GreenInc reserves the right to close applications prior to this date.
At GreenInc Bedford, we believe in fostering a diverse, accepting, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, as well as from First Nations people and those with disabilities. If you require any adjustments to support your application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to contact Bedford Recruitment on 08 8275 0211 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're committed to fostering a welcoming and supportive environment for all candidates, and we look forward to hearing from you.