Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible for the maintenance of all plant and equipment and the selection and recommendation of improvements to existing and new plants. The position is also responsible for the development of enhancements to the existing plants and the preparation of capital budgets in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to justify modifications or new capital acquisitions.
- Mechanical breakdown maintenance and repairs to air-operated equipment, hand tools, etc., installation of new plant and equipment and general building repairs or maintenance
- Preventative maintenance program on buildings, machinery and equipment
- Ensure that maintenance tasks being performed meet the best commercial standards of quality and current specifications
- Design and manufacture special aids and jigs to assist employees in the production process
- Purchasing of materials and machine components
- Maintain documentation of work completed via job work sheets
- Supervise and instruct employees in the operation, maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment; regularly review the capabilities, aptitude and suitability of employees and report on their progress and additional training needs, in line with the Individual Training Plan (ITP) process
- Liaise with Managers and Supervisors concerning interdepartmental requisitions and specifications; regularly review each area’s maintenance needs and take preventative action to forestall major mechanical breakdown
- Provide technical support to operational teams to effectively maximise the operational efficiency of all installed plant controlled manufacturing systems
- Planning work schedules, maintenance of job sheets and costing of jobs being undertaken for internal work
- Develop in conjunction with the management team capital proposals that will maintain the current competitive edge currently enjoyed by the businesses
- Follow compliance within Bedford’s policies and procedures including the code of conduct and Equal Employment Opportunities
- Acquire and maintain work health and safety knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand all operations and associated hazards and risks
- Other duties as per the direction of the Maintenance Manager
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Greg Small, Maintenance Manager on 8827 50211. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Applications close 5th April, 2021.