Manufacturing Supervisor - Mount Gambier
Take responsibility of a designated production area ensuring a high-level of productivity, quality, and safety.
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals, in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our customer’s lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
About the Role
This is a full-time, permanent role located at our Mount Gambier site. As the Supervisor of a designated production area you will be responsible for the coordination, supervision and training of both supported employees and other staff. You will also be required to ensure that production timelines are met while maintaining a high-level of quality and safety.
Other key responsibilities include:
- oversee and monitor production output
- complete daily checks on machinery, reporting faults or breakdowns and submitting maintenance requests as required
- ensure team efficiency and safety
- laise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure dispatch dates are met
- prepare daily documentation
As an experienced worker in the Manufacturing space you will have a well-developed understanding and knowledge of the environment. You will be organised and adaptable with the ability to take direction as well as delegate tasks. As this role works closely with supported employees it is important that you are a clear communicator with an affinity for the people with disability that Bedford supports.
Other skills, qualities and requirements include:
- knowledge of the quality management system
- a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude
- ability to work as part of a team
- computer literacy
- leadership skills
- Driver’s and Forklift licences
If you are successful in your application for this role you will also need to provide the following documentation:
- evidence of full vaccination with a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine or acceptable exemption
- a National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- acceptable clearance to work in the Disability sector (DHS/DCSI/NDIS)
- photo ID
- evidence of right to work in Australia
What’s in it for you?
- generous salary packaging, up to $15,900 tax free p/a
- weekday work
- finish early on Fridays
- be part of an organisation that changes the lives of people with disability
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity please contact Graham Harris, Operations Manager- Southern on 0409 697 862 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this role, you will need to provide a cover letter outlining what you can bring into this role as well as a current and up-to-date resume.
This position is within the disability sector and requires COVID vaccinations in accordance with relevant government directives requiring proof of vaccination with a TGA-approved vaccine or evidence of an acceptable exemption prior to being appointed to the role.
Bedford is an equal opportunity employer and applications from First Nations, people with disability and people of all gender identities are encouraged.