Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager Horticulture, this role is responsible for the management, performance and ultimate profitable growth of a defined portfolio of customers, to ensure that Adelaide Property & Gardens (APG) is the ‘First Choice’ for gardening and maintenance services.
In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the Senior Operations Manager Horticulture in the provision of quality, results driven services to ensure that agreed workforce, training, customer service, financial, Quality Assurance & Disability Service Standards objectives are achieved.
- Planning and executing activities to ensure that deadlines are met and a quality service is provided to our key customers.
- Building and maintaining strong internal and external customer relationships.
- Contract negotiations and work scheduling.
- Developing and compiling Tenders and Quotations.
- Assisting with the financial performance of the depot.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in an efficient manner and within budget.
- Ensuring training is provided to employees in induction, work skills, correct use and care of equipment, workplace behaviour and safe work practices.
- Ensuring strong team communication at all times.
- Driving and educating Staff and Employees on all WHS & QA initiatives as per the Strategic Plan and relevant standards.
- Acquiring and maintaining work health and safety knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand all operations and associated hazards and risks.
The Operations Manager will have strong management, financial and communication skills, both written and verbal, with well developed knowledge and experience of horticultural, arboricultural, landscaping and/or the civil construction industry.
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Jamie Thornton, Senior Operations Manager Horticulture on 8275 0364.