Personnel Training Officer - Torrensville
Provide support to people with disability, helping them to achieve their workplace goals.
- 12 months fixed term
- 20 hours a week across 4 days
- Located at our Torrensville site
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability by building capacity, independence, and wellbeing. We do this by providing a broad suite of NDIS support services including employment opportunities and social participation activities. We offer exceptional tailored services to meet individual goals in the workplace and in the community. We build healthy relationships, foster skills to last a lifetime, and pride ourselves on providing hands-on support to plan all areas of our clients’ lives. Above all, we promote individual choice and control to empower people with disability to live fulfilled and happy lives.
This 12-month fixed term contract working 20 hours a week Monday to Thursday at our Torrensville site is part of the Employment Services team. Helping to implement a person-centred approach this role ensures our supported employees are always at the centre of and involved in decision making relevant to them, helping to provide the best possible outcomes.
- Utilise a case management approach to assist supported employees
- Actively listen to the thoughts, goals, concerns, and aspirations of our supported employees
- Assist in the navigation of day to day challenges including incident management, behaviours of concern and advocacy
- Be passionate about supporting people with disability with a person-centred approach
- Have strong and effective communication skills
- Have an ability to build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Value an outcome driven approach
- Look for opportunities to develop and improve your skillset
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- A qualification in Disability, Mental Health, Developmental Education or Psychology is highly regarded
- A sound understanding of the NDIS
- Previous experience working in the Disability sector
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity please contact Gareth Thomas, Employment Services Manager on 0481 916 909.
To apply for this role, you will need to provide a cover letter outlining what you can bring into this role as well as a current and up to date resume.
Applications close November 12th 2021.