- Full time, permanent | Pay less tax with PBI salary packaging
- Located in Mount Gambier | Supportive and friendly working environment
- Work life balance; Monday to Friday, no nights, and early finish on Fridays
Bedford exists to support people with disability to live the life they choose through a diverse range of skill-building opportunities, from social activities, experiences, supported employment and open employment. Underpinning this is the belief that diversity, inclusion and acceptance equals belonging for people of all abilities.
People with disability who live, work, and receive care from Bedford need to do more than just get by, they should be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow and live meaningful, confident lives.
About the Role
This Production Manager role located in Mount Gambier will oversee the timber manufacturing operation, working closely with supervisors and personal training officers to improve operations and maximise revenue.
Reports to the Operations Manager, and Supported Employment this role will also ensure the safety of staff and employee and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support employees in achieving their NDIS goals and objectives
- Manage daily production operations, ensuring quality meets customer requirements and standards
- Plan production and material scheduling, liaising with sales, quality, and maintenance for optimal performance
- Ensure compliance with legislation, WHS, and quality standards
- Maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Provide effective leadership, coaching and training, and ensure effective communication across the team
As an experienced manager within the manufacturing industry, you will have excellent communication and time management skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude towards people with disability.
Other skills and experience include:
- High experience level in managing large team in a manufacturing environment
- Genuine desire to help others and create an inclusive environment
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Solid understanding of WHS, and legislation in the industry
- High level of MS skills in Words, Excel and Outlook
- Experienced in timber manufacturing is highly regarded
For this role the following documents must be provided prior to a formal offer of employment with Bedford Phoenix Incorporated.
- A National Police Clearance (no older than six months)
- Evidence of right to work in Australia
- 100 points of identification
- Full Australian driver’s licence
What’s in it for you?
- Generous salary packaging, an ability to access a portion of your salary tax free
- An encouraging and supportive team focused on collaboration and inclusion
- Rewards and recognition program
- Access to the Bedford Employees Assistance Program
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
- A role which genuinely contributes to the purpose and values of the organisation
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity please contact, Graham Harris – Operations Manager on 0409 697 862 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on 15th December 2023.
Bedford reserves the right to close applications prior to this date.
At Bedford, we believe in fostering a diverse, accepting, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, as well as from First Nations people and those with disabilities.
If you require any adjustments to support your application or the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to contact Bedford Recruitment on 08 8275 0211 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're committed to fostering a welcoming and supportive environment for all candidates, and we look forward to hearing from you.