Senior Disability Support Worker
This part time, permanent role in our Residential Services team is responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, coaching, training, and direction to the Disability Support Worker group, including providing advice and support on client issues. The role is 32 hours a week and suited to an experienced Disability Support Worker from an accommodation background who is passionate about supporting people with disability to achieve independence and reach their goals.
- Coach and mentor staff
- Assist in the management of complex client issues
- Monitor service delivery in compliance with relevant frameworks and standards
- Development of Individual Personal Plans for clients, and service delivery plans
- Roster and negotiate according to NDIS Client plans and specific goals
- Support and provide input into increasing independence of clients
- A minimum of Certificate III or IV in Disability, Community Services or equivalent
- Strong experience in the Disability sector in SIL accommodation
- Understanding and experience of person centred care with the strong desire to support people with disability to achieve their goals
- Certification and experience in medication administration
What’s in it for you?
- Generous salary packaging, up to $15,900 tax free p/a
- Access to the Employee Access Program
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
- Staff recognition through the Bedford Rockstars program
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Andrea Hall, Manager, Residential Services on 08 8374 3074. All enquires will be treated with confidence.
Applications close Thursday 7th October 2021.