Senior Disability Support Worker - Wallaroo
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Disability Support Worker who is passionate about supporting people with disability to achieve their goals.
About the Role:
This is a full time, permanent position located at our Wallaroo site that is responsible for providing leadership, mentoring, coaching, training, and direction to the Disability Support Worker group. With responsibilities including providing advice and support on client issues.
- Mentoring and coaching staff.
- Assisting with the management of complex client issues.
- Monitoring service delivery in compliance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework.
- Facilitating effective and positive communication.
- Assisting with the development of personal profiles, programming, and goal achievement.
- Assisting with the development of service delivery plans.
- Providing transport for clients as required
- Positively encouraging and supporting maximum independence and self-determination.
- Supporting and providing input into increasing opportunities for community-based activities.
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent is essential.
- Strong experience in the disability sector.
- A person centric approach, with the strong desire to support people with disability to achieve their goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with the ability to develop rapport and maintain strong working relationships.
- Relevant clearances to work in the disability sector.
- Australian driver’s licence.
What's in it for you:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 p/a
- The stability of a permanent position
- Work life balance with a regular set of working hours
- The opportunity to build your leaderships skills and progress your career
- An environment that encourages innovation and continuous improvement
- The challenges and rewards associated with a large, well-regarded NDIS registered provider
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Simone Tilbury, Manager, Wallaroo Day Options on 0435 240 178. All enquires will be treated in confidence.
Applications close Wednesday 11th August 2021.