Reporting to the Senior Supervisor and site Operations Manager, this role is responsible for a designated production area while coordinating, supervising and training employees. The Supervisor is also responsible for meeting required production timelines, production quality, overseeing employee safety and general housekeeping.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring production output in designated production area to ensure production targets are maintained
- When supervising the production areas ensure the work areas are promptly replenished and that the teams work efficiently
- Supervision of Employees on a day to day basis to achieve the required and expected daily outcomes
- Complete training of employees as per their Individual Training Plan (ITP) with assistance from the Personnel & Training Officer.
- Complete required documentation on employees in regard to their ITPs as required.
- Complete daily checks on machinery to ensure they are correctly maintained.
- Prepare daily documentation in a timely manner in readiness for daily pick ups
- Prompt receipt of incoming deliveries and manufactured finished goods into storage
- Liaise with freight companies
- Coordinate the distribution of orders
- Demonstrate the ability of work flow planning
- Ensure a safe working environment
The ideal person will have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and knowledge of the quality management system. Possession of a forklift licence will be a distinct advantage for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Mature minded with strong administration skills.
- Well presented, confident and able to develop rapport readily.
- Ability to be a team player, with a demonstrated capacity to show initiative and represent the organisation professionally and ethically
Essential Skills and Qualities
- Previous experience supervising work areas.
- Previous packaging, manufacturing, distribution and or warehousing experience.
- Formal qualifications and or personal experience in Disability is desirable.
- Knowledge of the various Quality Management Systems.
Enquiries regarding this role can be directed to Brett Stevens, GM Packaging South, on 0403 382 641.