Supervisor, APG Lonsdale
Adelaide Property and Gardens (APG) has been providing extensive landscaping and horticulture services for over 30 years. APG offers varied and flexible services with a proven track record of outstanding service delivery. This division of Bedford provides meaningful work and life skills to over 140 people with disability.
A Supervisor is now required to ensure that APG continues to be the first choice for gardening and maintenance services.
The Supervisor is responsible for several teams and for ensuring the planning and execution of Horticultural programs and works, maintenance, mulching and site improvements in accordance with contract and budget requirements.
- Maintain turf and vegetation in line with customer contract requirements.
- Chemical application to correct and safe standards.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in a safe workable condition.
- Supervise, coordinate and train employees as per Individual Training Plans (ITP’s) with assistance from the Personnel and Training Officer.
- Complete reporting on employee Individual Training Plans as required.
- Responsible for performing maintenance on horticultural tools and equipment.
- Monitor the control of stock levels.
- Complete departmental reporting as requested.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as requested.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are used as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure resources and processes are available to minimise health and safety risks.
- Acquire and maintain work health and safety knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand all operations and associated hazards and risks.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Formal qualifications in Horticulture.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Experience with basic irrigation repairs.
- Training and/ or supervisory experience.
- Experience in horticulture/ grounds maintenance
- A chainsaw ticket and work zone traffic training management (desirable).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Current Driver’s License.
- National Police Clearance.
- DCSI Clearance.
Applications close Monday 12th April 2021.
To apply for this role, you will need to provide a cover letter outlining what you can bring into this role as well as a current and up to date Resume.