Supervisor, APG Lonsdale
A Supervisor is now required to ensure that APG continues to be the first choice for gardening and maintenance services.
The Supervisor is responsible for the SA Housing team based in Lonsdale, ensuring the planning and execution of Horticultural programs and works, maintenance, mulching and site improvements in accordance with contract and budget requirements.
- Maintain turf and vegetation in line with customer contract requirements.
- Chemical application to correct and safe standards.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in a safe workable condition.
- Supervise, coordinate and train employees as per Individual Training Plans (ITP’s) with assistance from the Personnel and Training Officer.
- Complete reporting on employee Individual Training Plans as required.
- Responsible for performing maintenance on horticultural tools and equipment.
- Monitor the control of stock levels.
- Complete departmental reporting as requested.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as requested.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are used as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure resources and processes are available to minimise health and safety risks.
- Acquire and maintain work health and safety knowledge relevant to your workplace and understand all operations and associated hazards and risks.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Formal qualifications in Horticulture.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Experience with basic irrigation repairs.
- Training and/ or supervisory experience.
- Experience in horticulture/ grounds maintenance
- A chainsaw ticket and work zone traffic training management (desirable).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Current Driver’s License.
- National Police Clearance.
- DCSI Clearance.
Applications close Friday 28th May 2021.
*Previous applicants need not apply.