WHS and QA Advisor - Panorama
Reporting to the WHS & QA Manager, this role is responsible for assisting with the development of a culture that promotes continuous improvement of service delivery and the well-being of staff and employees. This is to be achieved through appropriate Work Health Safety (WHS) and Quality Assurance (QA) management, training, mentoring and development, whilst ensuring that systems are updated, implemented and maintained.
- Assist in the implementation and management of objectives and targets in line with the WHS & QA Strategic plan.
- Assist in the development and delivery of safety initiatives and strategies to raise awareness of WHS and promote a positive environment based on safer and healthier ways of working.
- Provide professional safety guidance and advice to Managers and Supervisors.
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to achieve positive and effective WHS & QA outcomes.
- Liaise effectively with staff regarding general safety matters such as coordinating Safety Action Meetings and providing feedback, advice and instruction where appropriate.
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and improving department quality systems.
- Drive WHS Risk Management processes and provide staff with assistance and advice as required.
- Act as the ‘Champion’ of the Skytrust system, ensuring the quality of information is maintained.
- Assist with maintaining Quality Assurance standards as per accreditation requirements.
- Undertake audits and performance improvement reviews to ensure compliance with required standards and internal procedures.
- Ensure all WHS incidents are appropriately investigated.
This role will suit an individual with a natural affinity for the people with disability whom Bedford support. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, build strong working relationships and possess excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Minimum of Cert IV qualifications in WHS.
- Previous experience in WHS within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Proven experience of engaging staff in WHS initiatives and best practice, and/or delivering training in WHS for staff end employees.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in WHS within designated area of responsibility.
- A strong understanding of WHS legislation and standards (AS/NZS4801:2001/ISO45001:2018).
- An understanding of Quality Management systems (ISO 9001:2015)
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge in MS Office.
- A current driver’s license.
If you would like to enquire further about this opportunity, please contact Clare Coombs, Recruitment Advisor on 8275 0238. All enquires will be treated in confidence.