30 March - COVID-19 Update
The health, safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff is our highest priority and we want to take this opportunity to update you on Bedford’s response to COVID-19 and the extra precautions we are taking during this global pandemic. This is a fast-paced crisis that will have significant impact on Bedford’s operations.
At present, it’s important to note there are no known cases of COVID-19 at any of our Bedford sites.
Key points from the federal government’s announcement on Sunday 29 March and Monday 30 March 2020:
- Previous gathering limit of 10 people had been reduced to two people, however, Bedford and all Australian Disability Enterprises (ADEs) are exempt from those government guidelines.
- The federal government strongly advise, the following groups to self-isolate (as much as practicable):
- people over 70 years old;
- Indigenous persons over the age of 50 years old who have existing/underlying health conditions; and
- anyone over 60 years old who have existing/underlying health conditions.
- $130 billion economy package announced to keep people in jobs
- $1.1 billion now pledged to boost mental health services across Australia Medicare assistance for people at home and emergency food relief
We will continue to keep in place the below actions:
- Increased hygiene, sanitation measures and cleaning at all sites and for all services
- Implementation of social distancing protocols (a 1.5 metre gap where possible between colleagues/ workers/ clients etc)
- Suspended social Community Access & Lifestyle (‘CAL’) programs
As always, if you have any particular questions, please email our dedicated email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have also established two dedicated phone lines for COVID-19 queries; available during office hours, Monday to Friday:
- 0429 135 448
- 0429 124 648
If you have any current health and related concerns, please contact the National Coronavirus Help Information Line on 1800 020 080 or contact your health practitioner.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.